A checklist is a good way to make sure that you have a safe and enjoyable ride. Please make sure that you have the following:
- All riders must obey all traffic laws and wear a helmet. It's a ride, not a race.
- Bring your cell phone, proper identification, water bottles, sunscreen, and a spare tube.
- Enter our emergency contact number (815-876-0316) into your contacts.
- Wear brightly colored clothing to improve your visibility.
- Be predictable, don't impede traffic, communicate, and watch out at intersections.
- All vehicle traffic will be directed to the secondary entrance of Zearing Park. Only bikes will be allowed to enter and exit the park using the main entrance.
- Peru Bike Works will be available to provide pre-ride assistance from 6:00-9:30. Air for your tires and minor bike maintenance will be available prior to your ride.
- All routes will have ample signage and white markings using the Dan Henry Marking System. Disregard all other colored markings as they are from 5K/10K events.
- Route maps and cue sheets are available on our website or at check-in.
- The Bureau County Metro Center (BCMC) locker room facilities will be available to you at no charge for a post-ride shower. Click on the following link for directions to the Metro Center: www.princetonparkdistrict.org. The BCMC is just a short five minute drive from the park. Please bring your own toiletries and towels.
- We have expanded our merchandise offerings to include a new Z Tour Bike Ride jersey, dri-fit and 50/50 blend t-shirts and socks. Quantities are limited.
- All updates will be posted on our website here and on our "Z Tour Bike Ride" Facebook page.
- As you know, the Z Tour Bike Ride is a charity ride in which all of the proceeds benefit the safety and security of the children who attend the Zearing Child Enrichment Center. With that in mind, we are looking forward to our fifth ride with enthusiasm. The Z Tour Bike Ride Steering Committee has gone to great lengths to ensure you have a safe and enjoyable ride. If you have a good time, tell a friend. If we fall short of your expectations, please tell us and we will gladly take your suggestions into consideration.